Below are my eleven reasons to be your own boss! I worked in the business world for someone else for over twenty years before taking the leap into being self-employed. Although some days I feel like a starving artist, overall these are my top reasons for working for yourself.
- I don’t dread Monday anymore. For years it was TGIF and Monday Again, but over the years I began to dread Monday more and more. It started on Sunday, so enjoying the weekend ended up just being Saturday.
- Don’t have to punch a time clock or fill out a time sheet, so I no longer have to worry about being on time!
- No longer have the feeling of being trapped. I used to feel immensely trapped and stifled in the system of working for someone else, I felt like I was not living up to my full potential.
- I can exercise anytime I want, which leads into …
- Make my own schedule. I have a daily routine I follow, but it can be changed, unlike the difficulties of following someone else’s schedule.
- Drink the BEST coffee! Starbucks Dark blends are my favorite
- Take a power nap if I want. I don’t do this often, but if you didn’t sleep well the night before having this option is great!
- No more dry cleaning bill. I don’t know about you, but when I was shopping for work clothes, all the outfits I liked had “Dry Clean Only” on the label.
- No longer get stuck in traffic. There is no traffic between my bedroom and my office, thank goodness!
- Daily cash flow (most of the time)
- I get along great with the boss – cause that’s ME!
Comment below and tell me what your reasons are or what they would be 🙂